Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On with 2011

Well, it's been over a week since I posted, so since I have a couple free minutes, I'll drop in and get something posted. I'm not certain what exactly to say, but I do wish everyone a safe and happy New Year celebration! On to 2011. One year closer to the magical year of 2012 in which we will all be "transitioned" to the next level (or something like that). I don't believe it is the end of the world...nor the end of humans. We're too inventive and ingenious to die out that easily. I think December 21, 2012, will come and go just like any other day.

But, what if....

Here's my biggest what if with regard to the Mayan calendar prophecy of 2012. I remember reading about it long before it was a big deal. At that time, no one knew the EXACT date. In fact, 2012 is the middle-of-the-road number. According to what I read, the year could be 2011, 2012, or 2013. The month could be November, December, or January. The day could be 20th, 21st, or 22nd. After which there was a theory that even with those dates, the time could be waaaaaay off by 10 years--or 100 years or 1,000 years. So, since no one can say for certain, New Agers apparently have narrowed it down for everyone.

Or maybe it is the "fact" that on December 21, 2012, the winter solstice occurs and we move through the galaxy horizon at the same time. That's really not that significant of an occurance, but hey, what the heck? It might just be enough to usher in an alien or god or satan.

Then there's also the sun to take into consideration. In 2012, the sun should be turning up for a solar maximum, which means lots of solar activity. I've also read that (approximately) 2012, the sun should also realign itself. It was explained that the sun has something like three spins--north, south, and equatorial. Every 26,000 years, and where have we all heard that number before, the sun's spins all connect and spin together, thus creating a solar realignment. Sounds odd to me, but I'm just repeating what I've read.

And all of these things are to occur around 2012. Yay. So, December 21, 2012, it is. It's all going to culminate that day. And, as far as what I've read about the Mayan calendar, it's not supposed to actually be the end...it's supposed to be an end of an era or age. There are to be trials and tribulations, death and destruction, but that's all before that date. On that date, God will come back and save the chosen who pass his judgement. I have a feeling that won't include me, but that's ok. On December 21, 2012, I don't intend to prostrate myself before anyone or anything. If I am or do, then it's probably because I started celebrating Christmas a few days early and had a bit too much eggnog or hot-buttered rum and am praying to a porcelain god.

But, let's first get through 2011 and see if the researchers were right or wrong about being off by a year. Who knows what December 21, 2011, will bring? Until then, HAPPY 2011 NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments: