Friday, December 03, 2010

NOT!!

Ok, so not-so-baaaaack. Unfortunately, my best made plan fell through. So, I think I'll come up with a Plan B...or C...or D...whatever. I'm hoping to come up with something at least once a week. Maybe something I've read somewhere that I had thoughts about or research for a story idea. Or, maybe even just a story idea. Not sure what to write, but I am sure that writing is my saving grace. I feel better when I write. In fact, just today I received my email newsletter from Rob Parnell at "Easy Way To Write." This was his "Christmas Message from the EWTW." I skimmed through it (since I was at work) but at the bottom, something special caught my eye. He says that he believes that one's true happiness is deeply linked to personal creativity. I couldn't agree more, based on my own feelings when writing. And I agree with him that even though most people, myself included, will say things that make them unhappy about life are the obvious things, the true, deeper reason is a lack of freedom--a freedom to create.

That being said, I think I'll take Rob's encouragement to all creative people and follow my heart. Make the time to follow my instincts--even if it's only for a few minutes a day. If only 30 minutes a day of exercise can make me physically healthier, then 30 minutes a day of creativity can make me mentally healthier.

I make the time to ride my bike. Now I need to make the time to type in a computer.

No comments: