Saturday, August 25, 2012

Time to Update

Ok, so long time, no posting...again.  Well, I've been very busy.  See that Winner pic?  Yup, I am one of the winners in the August Camp NaNoWriMo!  My final total is 51,202 words.  I started on August 1 and finished August 24.  Well, I finished the challenge, but I did not finish my novel.  In fact, I'm not certain I'm even half way, yet.  Nevertheless, doing the NaNoWriMo Challenge tells me that all I need to do to write more is DO it; quit worrying about it and just do it.  At least write the story.  Edit later.

So, there you have it.  I've been busy writing, not only the Camp NaNoWriMo, but other stories as well.  I've been busy enough that I have not had enough time to update news and post to the blog and website and facebook and any other medium it's considered necessary for a writer.  Therefore, since I've finished NaNo, I think it's time to update everyone on what I've done in my writing world.

Outside the Camp NaNoWriMo, I've submitted not only older stories, but new ones.  I'm still waiting for responses on most of them, but I did have a couple acceptances.  "The Biggest Fan" was accepted to Rainstorm Press' "I'll Never Go Away 3."  I submitted for #2, but apparently there were so many submissions, the press decided to make a third installment.  I was accepted for the third one.  No word on release dates or anything, but I will post when it's out.

A story "Snow Angel" previously published through the now defunct Fictitious Magazine, has been accepted to be included in Whortleberry Press' "Strange Halloween 2012."  This anthology is supposed to publish September 15, 2012.  I'll update on that when it happens as well.

A new article posted on Unexplained Mysteries called "Aurora's Waverider."  You can read it by clicking here.

I'm not sure I posted this before, but Whortleberry Press' "Strange Summer Mysteries" is available to purchase now.  Click this link to buy it.  Whortleberry created a "book trailer" to view through youtube.  Here's the link for that.

Well, I think I've caught up with everything I needed to report to the world.  I'll let you process all this information (ha ha) and get back to you later with further updates as they develop.

No comments: