Thursday, September 06, 2012

More Updates

In trying to keep up with new updates, I'm posting my latest news and correcting some old.

First off, Whortleberry Press' Strange Halloween 2012, accepted "Hootenanny Holler" not "Snow Angel"  In fact, the WP book is now for sale.  My story's title was changed to "Horror in Hootenanny Holler" and there are a couple modifications from the original, just to keep people on their toes. (Ha, ha).

Next, "Snow Angel" was accepted, but to Sleeping Cats Books for an anthology entitled "Trip of a Lifetime."  This story is also a reprint from the closed Fictitious Magazine site, but at least it has a new home.

Rainstorm Press accepted "In with the New" for their "Undead that Saved Christmas" anthology.  This is a charity anthology of monster stories with Christmas themes.  Should be interesting.  Of course, my story is SF, but hey, what did you expect?

I don't know if I mentioned it previously, but "Hootenanny Holler," and "Snow Angel" had been submitted to Thadd Presley Presents: along with a couple other stories of mine.  Unfortunately, I needed to pull them all from Thadd Presley.  I really didn't want to do that, but he was having difficulties and not responding to emails or FB posts, so I thought it best to put my stories in other places.  The other 2 stories, "The Gauntlet" (a reprint) and "A Little Girl" (original) are still awaiting decisions, but if they are not accepted there, I have another place for them already lined up for acceptance.  Just playing the waiting game on them.

And, don't forget to read my "Aurora's Waverider" article on Unexplained Mysteries.

So, there's the latest on my writing.  Hope you all are buying (or bought) some of these anthologies to support us small-time writers.

No comments: